While mozzeno currently undergoes a rapid expansion, it is looking for an “Finance Specialist” (m/f) to support our growth.
The new recruit will join the management committee, will be accountable for finance and will supervise team members in charge of HR, office management and admin. The recruited person will according to its evolution within the company become our future Finance Manager.
mozzeno launched the first Belgian platform enabling individuals and professionals to indirectly loan money to each other.
As a truly innovative force in the area of technology, mozzeno places the consumer at the very centre of its strategy, by way of its « positive money » positioning. This promotes lending as a tool, which can serve to speed up personal and professional projects.Being a FinTech scale-up, with its head offices based in Wavre, mozzeno is a key player in positive change within the financial sector.
You will be able to demonstrate effective experience in the following duties:
- Drive the company’s financial planning and budgeting process
- Follow-up general accounting, including account payables and receivables, in liaison with our external accountant
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and assess any changes necessary
- Ensure that business processes as implemented in the investment and lending platform (in-house development) are in line with accounting principles and that automated reconciliation of financial flows are under control
- Lead the equity fund raising initiatives to support the company business plan
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Plan and secure institutional funding sources for the lending activities, leveraging advanced funding instruments and vehicles, in liaison with specialised advisors (bonds, SPV…)
- Identify and leverage relevant sources of subsidies
- Manage vendor relationships
- Regularly monitor and optimise cost structure
- Update and implement all necessary finance, HR and admin policies and accounting practices
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system
- Manage the small team in charge of Finance, office management, admin and HR
- An opportunity to be practically and directly involved in a new, exciting and highly motivating adventure.
- The possibility to take the next step in your career by taking new responsibilities within a growing company.
- A corporate culture that values responsibility and offers training and development opportunities.
- High responsibilities and the chance to have a real impact on the company, its growth and vision by being part of the management committee.
- An extremely pleasant working environment, based outside Brussels so that you can avoid unnecessary traffic jams.
- The opportunity to join a team of passionate people and a human-sized company where teamwork and complementarity between colleagues are highly valued.
- The possibility to join a growing company that offers opportunities for advancement.
- A full-time contract and possibility of homeworking.
- A competitive and progressive salary, with extra-legal benefits in line with your profile and experience: luncheon vouchers (8 €), hospitalization insurance, eco-vouchers…
Profile and skills
- You have the ability to mix strategic planning and efficient hands-on work, particularly relevant to a scale-up working environment.
- Therefore, you have a relevant experience (4-5 years) on both strategic & operational Finance as Auditor, Business Controller, Finance Specialist, Financial Auditor, Financial Controller, Accounting Specialist, … , or any other related experience.
- You have excellent knowledge of data analysis, financial planning and forecasting methods.
- You are “jumper”. You are ready to take your career to the next level. If you have no experience in people management, you are willing to do what it takes to successfully coach and develop a team of talents. Entrepreneurial spirit, proactively seeing what needs to be improved. Even if you don’t have the answer, you can figure out how to get there. This ranges from day-to-day processes right up to large strategic or transversal initiatives.
- You are able to communicate effectively at all levels within the business from junior team members right up to Board level, both in writing and verbally.
- You are diplomatic without a big ego, welcoming to be constructively challenged.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial and accounting management software (e.g. Odoo, Winbooks,…).
- You are native in French or Dutch, with a very good working level of English.
If you are interested in this role, send us your CV and cover letter right away to email@example.com. They will be treated with the necessary confidentiality.